Sunday, September 6, 2026

A Few of My Favorite Things


1. Handmade Bunny Stuffed Animal: This was handmade by my grandma's deceased sister. When I was younger I would put her in a stroller and care for her as if she were my child. Apart of me feels childish to still have her, but there's just something that makes me feel so maternal towards her.

2. Geisha Doll (Left): I bought her from a farmer's market in my hometown. What made me buy her was how interesting her story was. Apparently, she was sold around the world for years. Now she lives freely on my nightstand. Maybe one day I'll carry on the tradition.

3. Instax Mini Polaroid Camera: This was a Christmas gift from my grandma. I always try to take lots of important and memorable pictures with this camera. It's just a pain in the ass to buy film after every 10 photos.

4. My Tarot Cards: Last year I decided to buy these because a couple of my friends had a deck. I use them to ask about things or thoughts I'm stuck on. After awhile of asking they usually give me signs that I'm just procrastinating. The cards are sadly correct.

5. Picture of My Nana: This is a photograph of my nana holding me when I was a baby. Throughout my childhood I spent most of my time in her tiny apartment, being cared for as if I was her daughter. Even a decade after her passing, I still miss her dearly.

6. Geisha Doll (Right): I got her from a junk store for $2.00. When I saw her in the store I thought about how lonely my other Geisha doll is living in my room. Now she has a friend. Still, I wonder what this one's story is.

7. Air Clay Ashtray: I made this during a craft night event. It's part of the lower jaw with a cigarette hanging out its mouth. I don't actually use it as an ashtray. Instead, I use it as a placeholder to put my digital clock on. Sometimes it's funny to wake up to a smoking clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cardboard Replica

  Cardboard Replica Cardboard, masking tape, ducktape 7" x 10" x 3" Full View #2 Full View #3 Detail #1 Mug & Lid Detail ...